Transitioning from the strict order of military life to the seeming chaos of civilian life can be difficult. Veterans Outreach (VO) is dedicated to making that transition more simple and successful.
Employment Readiness and Job Search
- Access to one-on-one job search coaching
- Referrals to local job search organizations
- Referrals to job readiness workshops
- Opportunities to work with local employers that employ veterans
Transitioning from Military to Civilian Life
The Veterans Outreach director bases activity offerings on the current needs of Aiken County veterans and their families.
Activities can include:
- Family Support
- Food for Vets Program
- Outreach events such as picnics
- Veterans Helping Veterans Home Improvement Projects
- Coordinated support with local businesses
- Coordinated support with educational and non-profit entities